Friday, January 16, 2009

Long time no post! Today I'm back with lots to talk about :-)

It's the end of the semester and the start of a four day weekend (1 day off for a teacher workday and 1 day off for MLK day). Both of the boys did well this semester. Hayden got straight A's and Christian got a 3.0.

I have been busy lately making tutorials. It's a lot of fun. As you all know, I love crafting. Making videos that people are actually watching has been very rewarding. I will be posting two more this week.

I also spent some time this week auditioning for Stage Crafters next production - "Is There Life After High School"? I didn't get a part :-( But, it is NOT because of my age, as my children have been teasing me (the play is about people that have been out of high school for many years). It was disappointing not to be cast. But, I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Several of my friends did get a part and I will probably help backstage in some way. So, it will still be a lot of fun. If you're in the area come see it the first and second weekends in March.

Stage Crafters will be having their annual banquet next weekend at the Soundside. I will be the photographer again this year. I'm anxious to see if "Jekyll and Hyde" (the show I did last year)wins best show. I hope so, but I hear that "Godspell" is going to give us some tough competition.

We have also been busy with the Band Room Re-Do. We are on Phase 3 now.

Phase 1 was the removal and cleaning of all of the trophies

Believe it or not, this isn't all of the trophies


Before (top) and After (bottom)

Phase 2 was cleaning and spackling walls


Washing Walls and Hosing off disgusting A/C vents

Phase 3 was demolishing and removing the instrument cabinets

The kids with their "weapons" of choice


Before (top) and After (bottom)

Here is a funny video of some of the Instrument Cabinet Demolition.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy Calamities, Bat Woman!

The Batster has a decent swing. Too bad he's not into baseball. The mechanics are surely there.

And the truck belongs to whom? Now methinks, there just may be an Oscar nomination in here somewhere for the Darwin Awards. Hopefully the truck didn't belong to a parent. Else if won, the DA would have to be awarded posthumously, for sure.

Too bad about not landing a SC part this time. Another opportunity will come for you, just wait and see. Good luck with the banquet.

C