Friday, September 19, 2008

First Home Game

Well, last night was the first home game for Christian's high school. Or should I say last night was the first home half-time performance for the band. Adam, Hayden and I did not travel to the two previous away games in Pensacola. So, this was our first chance to see the half-time show with the kids in uniform. This year's show is called "The Air Up There." It isn't complete yet. Won't be until right before they go to State. Heck, I think last year they even changed stuff after we got to St. Petersburg. Gotta' hold stuff back so the competition can't see it until it's too late ;-) But so far the show is GREAT!! And, I know it will only get better. While they are still learning the show they throw in the "Choctaw Shuffle" (a crazy part at the end where everybody is running around and then pops into spelling out CHS). Then they play one of the the fight songs - LOVE it!! Gives me goosebumps. Hopefully I will be able to post a video of the show soon. It was Cox Cable's game of the week so the halftime show got taped too. The football team lost but the band kicked butt!!


The picture is of Scott, Me and Adam. We volunteered to sell 50/50 tickets. You buy 1 ticket for $2 or 3 for $5. Then, one ticket is drawn at halftime and the winner gets to split the pot with the band. Last night the winner and the band each got $210. It was a lot more fun to do that job than I thought it would be. I got all hot and sweaty, and my legs will probably be screaming at me later today because I walked up and down the stadium steps about a jillion times. But, I sold the winning ticket!!! And I got to see a lot of people I know. Had a few parent/teacher conferences in the process too :-) Hayden's Gym and Social Studies teachers were there, along with Christian's English and Spanish teachers.

That's all for now. Until next time.

Julie

No comments: